Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Nail Polish Rack!!!

Hello, hello!! First of all, I apologize for simply leaving in the middle of the 31DC2014 - I really didn't want too, but personal stuff came up and sometimes, as much as I love doing my nails, there are other priorities. I've decided that I'm going to keep on doing the challenge regardless because it's a great incentive plus it really gets my creative gears going. 

Buuuut, before I get on that, I want to share with you guys the best birthday present a nail gal could get: My very own, personal, handmade NAIL POLISH RACK!! I've been wanting a way to organize my polishes for a while now, I contemplated Helmer's but I really like looking at all the pretty colours so I kept going back to a nail polish rack. My wonderful boyfriend agreed to make me one for my birthday and I'm absolutely in love with it!! 

A shot of both racks, one on top of the other.

Below are the step-by-step pictures of the making-of process, warning - it's picture heavy!

The back slates.
Measuring the side and the racks.  
Cutting, cutting, cutting!! Safety first of course.

Slowly coming together - at least just the wood pieces.  
Lili's favourite part - spray painting it black!
Of course I had to tag my name (even if it was going to be covered up).
After my arms got tired, boyfriend took over. 
So many racks and rows.
Stop to appreciate British Columbia's beautiful landscape. 
Okay, back to work! Nailing and screwing everything in!
All finished!!
All the polishes spread out, waiting for a new home. 
Top rack. 
Bottom rack.
A shot of both racks, one on top of the other.
The beautiful finished project!!!
I'm absolutely in love with the whole process. So, so in love with it and I can't thank my wonderful boyfriend enough for building it for me - though I helped...a little. LOL. The whole process didn't take that long, we were lucky to have all the appropriate tools, like a nail gun, and a wood cutting machine and all those other fancy carpentry things that I don't know the name of, haha.

I think all the material cost around $60, give or take and it took us roughly 3 to 4 hours to finish building it. Then we had to wait a bit for the paint to dry, it took longer to actually install the racks than anything else, haha, since it took me a while to figure out where I wanted it. But now it's here and I love it to death and I can't wait to see all that I can create with all these colours at my fingertips!!





1 comment: