Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Nautical Theme Nails ft. Beaded Anchor

Today's nails are brought to you by "There are beads everywhere, but this was SO WORTH IT." I've been wanting to do a sailor theme for the longest time, and especially a chance to play with my mini beads, which for some reason I just hadn't at this point.  Less talk, more show!!

 


I started with 2-3 coats of Nicole by OPI All About Glam for the off white, then topped my ring and thumb with Zoya's Pixie Dust Solange (gold) and Sunshine (blue). There's a before picture on my Instagram for those interested.


I then used striping tape for the lines with Zoya's Dream (still the best blue, ever!) And added some gold round studs I got from BornPretty Store. Then came the 'fun' part! Adding the little beads were a lot more complicated than I first thought, I did it with a really slim dotting tool, lots of patience and dabs of topcoat here and there.


I topped it all off with Seche Vite (I finally got this topcoat and I can't wait to do a proper review on it). One thing I can say though, it did dry things off quite quickly, but it also made my beads bleed. You can sorta see on my middle finger. That could also be bad quality of the beads, so, you know.




All in all, I really love this, and I got a lot of compliments from customers at work which makes me happy. Also, shoutout to Robert for following this blog! =]


No comments:

Post a Comment