Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jan Nail Art Challenge: Leopard Print & Studs

Today's nail challenge theme is PATTERN and I'm really glad, because ever since I saw this picture on the Laquerista thread on reddit I've been wanting to give it a try! I've given it my own twist, but mostly I'm just really excited because this is my first time doing leopard prints!! 

 


I started off with 2-3 bases of Risqué's "Doce Orgulho" which is a beautiful red creme. Risqué, for those who don't know, is a Brazilian nail polish brand. They're very famous there and while they don't have wacky colours and effects, they're damn amazing at your basic polish colours.


Then, once the red was dry, I taped half of it off and painted on with Big Universo's "Caramel", also a Brazilian brand, taking the tape off quickly to leave a smooth line. Once that was dry I used a dotting tool along with NYC's "Black Creme" to do the leopard prints. Finally, I added in the studs that I got from Born Pretty Store and topped it all off with 2 coats of Revlon's "Quick Dry".



I'm really excited with how it turned out and now I'm even more excited to try more leopard prints!!


No comments:

Post a Comment