Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan Nail Art Challenge: French Nail Glitter Art

Continuing on with my January Nail Art Challenge, I actually got around to posting this one on the right day (as I hope to do with the rest). Today's theme was SPARKLES. 

And what's more sparkly than Glitter?! Now, as most Laqueristas, I have a love/hate relationship with glitter. SUPER SHINY, but at the same time, the pain that they are to take off sometimes - most times - leads me to wonder if it's really worth it. Thinking of that, is what led me to decide on this particular nail art, a semi french nail glitter look.



I started with my trusty base coat from Sally Hasen, and then I added one thin coat of Risqué's Renda, which is a sheer white jelly, perfect for natural nails. My glitter choice was one I hadn't used yet, Over You by Pure Ice. It's a mixture of a fine lilac glitter and slightly larger light blue ones. I didn't try full coverage but I would imagine it would take 3-4 coats.


The gold is, my favourite, Zoya's Pixie Dust Solange. Does it count as a glitter? I imagine it would, it's shiny enough and well, clean up isn't that much of a breeze, haha. Studs are from BornPretty Store. Topped it all off with a few good coats of Revlon's Quick Dry and voilá!





No comments:

Post a Comment