Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Extreme Blue Edition: Essie Bum Blu & Water You Waiting For!!

So I'm slowly getting into the whole doing nail designs again. Start of the semester means tough choices like doing my nails or sleeping. Student life, yo! 

But here's one I came up with that's fairly easy to do and I'm quite proud of it, actually. 



For my birthday I got my very Essie polishes!! I know, how dare I never had had them before? To be honest I just thought they were always unnecessarily expensive so I figured until I found a colour that called to me, I'd just wait. And behold birthday surprises! 


For my base I started off with a coat of OPI Matte Nail Envy, then I added 2 coats of Essie Beach Bum Blue. Some of my nails were really thin at the tips, so I wondered what I could do to try and disguise the bump difference a bit. That's when I remembered one of my favourite polishes that I hadn't worn for a while now, China Glaze's Water You Waiting For from the Cirque du Soleil Collection. 


This mesmerizing mix of glitters was all my nails needed to be different, yet simple. I used normal tape to cover off some lines and then added Water You Waiting. I added some Born Pretty studs, and topped it all off with Revlon Quick Dry top coat. 


I really love this look, it's amazing what simple things like glitter, tape and studs can do to a simple nail design! Not to mention the beauty that is Beach Bum Blu (which I'll be reviewing by itself soon!)


No comments:

Post a Comment