Wednesday, June 12, 2013

China Glaze Cranberry: Sailor Stark Edition!!

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've been here, truth is that I hit a creativity stump in regards to what to do with my nails. I just couldn't seem to bring myself to do anything more than just pick a colour to put on.

Luckily, that changed due to a few things;
a) I got my first Liquid Sand/Pixie Dust polishes which I'm very excited about!!
b) I saw discovered Polished Elegance and this amazing post and I knew I had to try it myself.

So without further ado, I give you Sailor Stark!!



Before anyone asks, I'll explain why I've been calling it the Sailor Stark manicure. Once it was done, I couldn't decide if it reminded me more of Iron Man because of the gold/red colours or of Sailor Mars because of the bow-like shapes. So my friend suggested why not Sailor Stark?


I started off with OPI Matte Nail Envy for my base-coat (I'm still on a mission to make my nails strong and long!) After that, I added 2 coats of one of my favourite reds ever, China Glaze's Cranberry Splash. Which is just the most beautiful red ever and application is always amazing! Topped it off with Revlon's Quick Dry until it was dry enough to add the striping tape. 

Once the polish was dry enough, I made an 'X' with the tape and the proceeded to use Zoya Pixie Dust Solange for the beautiful golden and OPI's Bond Girls Collection, Jinx for the orange tip. I initially wanted to use Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna, but I thought it would be too much like Cranberry Splash. 


To top it all off I grabbed a few studs and glued them on with some more top coat. This part was kinda tricky because I didn't want to put topcoat over the pixie dust/liquid sand because I wanted to keep the texture, but I knew I had to add some so the stud wouldn't fall off.

I ended up putting it only over the non-textured part and so far they've remained.


And that's it! This is one of those nail arts that I'm head over heels for. I've been caught many a times staring at my nails thinking how cool they look. I highly recommend it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment